Brazil produced a disciplined and an efficient performance as they saw off Juan Carlos Osorio’s Mexico in the Round of 16 matchup of the FIFA World Cup. Neymar was the star for Brazil as he grabbed a goal and assist, with Brazil taking control of the game as time wore on. Mexico were bright in the early stages before taking control of the game and scoring as well.
Made using TacticalPad
Brazil (4-3-30 Manager: Tite
Alisson; Fagner, Silva, MIranda, Luis; Casemiro, Paulinho, Coutinho; Neymar, Willian, Jesus
Mexico (4-3-3) Manager: Juan Carlos Osorio
Ochoa; Alvarez, Ayala, Salcedo, Gallardo; Marque, Guardado, Herrera; Vela, Lozano, Hernandez
- The feature of the match has been the deep positioning of the fullbacks from both sides. Mexico were able to start the game impressively, forcing a number of turnovers in the centre Their 4-1-4-1 block was able to force turnovers from Paulinho and Coutinho in the centre.
- Brazil grew into the game as the game wore on with Mexico unable to maintain their intensity in their defensive shape. Paulinho and Jesus were crucial in Brazil gaining entry into the final third through the centre and laying it off to the onrushing Neymar and Coutinho.
The stark feature of the game was how Brazil absorbed the pressure in the earlier stages before making full use of their energy levels to take advantage of the tiring Mexicans. They were able to make use of their star power in their forwards to score both the goals while displaying excellent defensive discipline to ensure that the scoreline remained in their favor.
Brazil look like favorites now with their defensive solidity and star presence in their attacking arsenal. They will await the result of the Belgium Japan match to see who they face in the quarterfinals but it must be said that any side would not look forward to meeting Tite’s men in the tournament now that they seem to be hitting form and getting better by the match.
- Wolves 1-1 Manchester City | Tactical Snippets of Wolves’ game plan - August 25, 2018
- Arsenal 0-2 Manchester City | Tactical Snippets - August 12, 2018
- Liverpool 4-0 West Ham United | Tactical Breakdown of Naby Keita’s role - August 12, 2018